What is the Papakāika Reo Fund?
The Papakāika Reo fund is a Kotahi Mano Kāika (KMK) initiative which supports Papatipu Rūnaka to develop te reo pathways within their Papakāika community.
The Papakāika Reo fund provides targeted financial assistance to be used towards the te reo development of registered Ngāi Tahu members. All applicants need to complete a te reo plan demonstrating both short and long term commitment towards achieving their personal language goals.
How much is available?
Applicants can apply for up to $15,000. However, less may be awarded subject to the number of suitable applicants for each deadline.
Who can apply?
All Kāi Tahu Papatipu Rūnaka based within the Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu rohe.However the fund will give preference to Papatipu Rūnaka who have set a language plan focused on the development, proficiency and intergenerational transmission of te reo.
Types of activities that will not be funded:
- Capital works including laptops, cell phones, Ipads
- Retrospective funding
- Types of activities that will be funded
- Te Reo Māori Course fees
- Immersion programmes such as Immersion Teaching training.
- Kura Reo registration and travel costs only
- Costs associated with hosting wānaka reo
- Travel / accommodation costs associated with attending te reo events / wānaka
- Kura Reo Kāi Tahu registration costs transport and travel.
- Conference costs (including travel) for conferences relevant to language revitalization, transmission and/or inter-generational transmission
There are 3 funding rounds each year for all KMK funds. These dates will fall on the last Friday of each of the following months: February, June, October. The dates for 2017 funding year are as follows:
- Feb 24, 2017
- June 30, 2017
- Oct 27, 2017
Application forms must be received by the KMK Staff by 5pm on each of these dates.
Application Decision Process
- Applications are sent to the KMK Language Advisor.
- All applications will be considered by the KMK Funding Committee. Written notification of the decision of the KMK funding Committee will be provided to the applicant within 20 working days of receipt of application.
- The decision of the KMK Funding Committee is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Need help?If you have any questions or require further information – please contact:
Victoria Campbell, KMK Advisor
0800 KAI TAHU